Upcoming R workshop07 Nov 2016
The Clinical Research Facility Cork is sponsoring a free, two-day introduction to the R statistical programming language on Dec 8 and 9 (Th, F), from 09:00 to 17:00 in the Western Gateway Building G.04. Places are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and there is space for 15 participants. To attend, please email me at email@example.com.
The course is intended for people who are new to R, but at least somewhat experienced with other statistical software such as Stata or SPSS. Each participant will need to being their own laptop with R and R-Studio Desktop installed and working. You are also encouraged to “bring your own data” to work with (in any format). I will send additional details to participants as the date approaches.
We will cover the following topics:
- Strengths and weaknesses of R, relative to other options for data analysis
- Working with the R-Studio environment
- Importing data into R (from Excel, Stata, SAS, SPSS, text files)
- R workflow I: objects and functions
- R workflow II: coding, scripts, and projects
- R workflow III: tidyverse
- Data visualisation with ggplot2
- Introduction to linear regression with R
- Literate programming and reproducible research with R
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to import a dataset into R, manipulate it, visualize it, analyse it, and then wrap everything up in a report that can be reproduced at the press of a button.
For more R related activities, please feel free to join the Cork R-User’s Group here.
For help installing the R statistical programming language and R-Studio, please see these links.